Tuesday 13 May 2014

Bout of Books 10 | Bookish Battle Royal Challenge

Here is my challenge entry for the Bookish Battle Royal Challenge which is hosted over at My Life in Books! The rules and details are located here :) I am going to post one entry here, but I am coming up with a bunch, so I may post some more over on twitter using the hashtag, so be sure to follow me over there @fleurdylys ;)

So for my Bookish Battle Royal, I decided to pick female characters from YA novels. Here are my picks!

The Combatants 
Tris Prior 
Divergent series by Veronica Roth

Strengths
Weaknesses
Resourceful
Tobias "Four" Eaton
Trained at Dauntless
Forgiving
Strong
Independent

Clary Fray 
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare

Strengths
Weaknesses
Shadowhunter
Careless
Create new runes
Indecisive
Brave
Jace Lightwood

Rose Hathaway
Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

Strengths
Weaknesses
Dhampir Guardian
A bit reckless
Strong
Indecisive
Unpredictable
Loyal

The Victor
Why Did Rose Hathaway win the Battle? 
First of all, in the gif above, she flips Dimitri with one hand out of commission. She has been trained since birth for battle and she is a dhampir which makes her part human and part vampire. She basically has the strength and agility of a vampire but does not suffer the weaknesses a regular vampire would suffer from. She is loyal to the bone to her best friend Lissa Dragomir and has protected her at every time. She is a bit reckless and unpredictable, refusing to conform to authorities at time. She also has that tricky love interest of hers Dimitri Belikov who can sometimes complicate things. Ultimately, she is one bad ass character and sadly, Tris and Clary would not stand a chance with her strength and wit. 

That is it for my challenge entry. I hope you all enjoyed it! Let me know in the comments what you thought of this battle. Do you agree or disagree? 

Bout of Books

1 comment:

  1. Ok, that whole "flipping someone with one hand out of commission" thing is totally badass.

    ReplyDelete