Tuesday 3 June 2014

Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer | Top Ten Tuesday

Hi everyone! I decided to add another segment to my blog and I found this one over at The Broke and The Bookish and it is called Top Ten Tuesdays, where like Top Five Wednesdays, you list your top ten of "_____" whatever that week's theme is. :) I love doing these because the themes are so much fun and you can in a way see what kind of books I enjoy reading, what I have read, what I hope to read, etc etc. Anyways.. here is the first one! 

June 3rd Theme: Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer


1. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

2. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

3. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

4. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton

5. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

6. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

7. Winger by Andrew Smith

8. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

9. Landline by Rainbow Rowell

10. Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Some of these have been out for a while, but I just haven't gotten around to reading them yet, so they will definitely be in my beach bag this summer to read and some of these are new releases which I am so excited to get my hands on. I much prefer contemporary reads in the summer, since I think it goes hand in hand with the nice weather. It is so enjoyable, reading about a certain setting, when you are in that setting. Also, I just want something nice and something that won't break my heart while sitting on the beach :P 

How about you? What Top Ten Books will be in your beach bag this summer? Let me know in the comments below! :) 

6 comments:

  1. I've read Gone Girl and to be honest, I was rather disappointed :/
    The Summer series is great though! Or book one was. I haven't read the rest (yet). I'm curious about the Ava Lavender book! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will read it and let you know what I thought and I can't wait to read the Summer series! I hope to pick up the Ava soon and if I read it, I will have a review up! :D

      Delete
  2. I did love GONE GIRL! I've got some "if you like GONE GIRL try..." titles in my TBR but my TTT list was already overflowing. (SEASON TO TASTE is one in particular I'm looking forward to this year.)

    I loved JUST ONE DAY as well. I've just loaned my copy to my younger sister and have been nagging her about reading it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I can't wait to read it and I will check that out!

      Yay, can't wait to start that too!

      Delete
  3. I've heard good things about "The Summer I Turned Pretty", so I'd like to read that. And I definitely want to read "Landline" as well!

    ReplyDelete