Wednesday 4 June 2014

Characters You Wish You Were More Like | Top 5 Wednesday


I love this week's theme so much. I am going to pick characters based on personality, but also based on their experiences and who I would essentially enjoy living vicariously through! Onto the choices: 

1. Tris Prior from the Divergent series by Veronica Roth

Although, Tris resides in a crazy post-apocalyptic world which can be super terrifying at times, I don't mind. Tris is strong, brave and honest, all things I wish I could be more like. She is not only Divergent, but brave enough to join Dauntless.. and she succeeds at it. She is not the strongest to begin with, but she works hard and she genuinely strives to make good choices. She is definitely one of my most favorite female protagonists.


2. Anna from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna gets sent off to Paris for her final year of high-school and gets to experience the Parisian lifestyle and fall in love. If you know me, you know that I love all things Paris-related, so school abroad is definitely something I would like to experience. Anna is also really realistic in a sense, where she is human and makes mistakes, but she has such a big heart and is extremely empathetic and I want to be more like that, all the time and not just on occasions. 


3. Hermione Granger from The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling



Hermione Granger, the brightest witch of her age. Who doesn't want to be more like her? She is brilliant, strong-willed, and just all around, amazing. For starters, she is a witch, so yes, I would very much like to be like that, but also, just how brilliant she is, and dedicated to her studies, is inspiring. She does not let that however get in the way of her family and friends, she puts the people she loves first always, even in scary and tough situations, she is incredibly brave and all around one of the best Gryffindors. 



4. Rose Hathaway from The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

Rose Hathaway, dhampir and guardian to Lissa Dragomir. She is all around a serious bad-ass character. She is dhampir, so she is human with all the strength of a vampire, so she is incredibly strong. She has trained her entire life and is one of the best guardians there is. Her dedication to just improving her strength which is driven by her dedication to Lissa is outstanding and I wish I could be more dedicated like her. Also, she is one of the sassiest characters ever, ALL-THE-TIME. I think Rose is very strong-willed, but incredibly emotional which is a good thing. She cares for her family and friends so much and most of her actions are driven by her love for them and that fact itself is inspiring. I would also love to experience the things she has, fighting off Strigoi and travelling around! 


5. Arya Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin

Arya Stark, one of my favorite characters of all time. I not only love Maisie Williams depiction of her on the TV series, but her chapters are by far my favorite ones to read in the series. She is just an amazing character. She is strong and brave and all-around bad-ass. Even from the beginning, she intrigued me, refusing to conform to being a "lady" and wanting to learn sword fight instead. She has experienced a lot of tragedy, and has grown from it and that level of strength is inspiring. I would love to be more like her everyday. Striving above all of the difficult times and getting stronger each and every single day from it. 


Well that's it for me this week. Those are the top 5 characters I wish I was more like. How about you? Which top 5 characters would you choose? Let me know in the comments below! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Arya is a great choice, I didn't even think of her. Nice picks! :)

    ReplyDelete