Wednesday 25 June 2014

Last Sentences | Top 5 Wednesday

This week's theme is Top 5 Last Sentences. I will put forth the warning that these will be spoilery especially if you have not read the books yet. So you have been warned! If you are more interested in First Sentences, you can check out my post for that here :) You will also see that there are some overlap in some books in both categories, so you can definitely tell which books are some of my favorites! ;)

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
"The scar had not painted Harry for nineteen years. All was well." (page 607)
2. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde 
"It was not till they had examined the rings that they recognized who it was." (page 188)
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
"I do, Augustus. I do." (page 313) 
4. Vicious by V.E. Schwab
"A moment later, the cold ran up her arms, and caught her breath, and beneath her hands a heartbeat fluttered, as Victor Vale opened his eyes, and smiled." (page 364)  
5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
"She looked at his golden-brown eyes and all of the promises that lay within them, and linked her arm with his as she smiled. 'Tell me tomorrow.'" (page 404)  
What are your top 5 last sentences? Let me know in the comments below! :)

1 comment:

  1. The last sentence in "Vicious" is definitely one of my favourites too!!

    ReplyDelete