Monday 8 June 2015

Review: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han 
(Book #2 in the To All The Boys I've Loved Before Series) 

Publishing Date: May 26, 2015
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers
Pages: 352 pages
Young Adult Contemporary

** This is a review for the second book in the duology by Jenny Han. If you want to read the review for the FIRST book: To All The Boys I've Loved Before, you can read my full review here ** 

The Premise: The story picks up where the first one left off. Lara Jean did not plan to fall for Peter because they were just pretending, but now she knows her feelings are real and she tries to work things out with Peter again after the events at the end of last book. However, things get more complicated for Lara Jean, when the recipient of the final letter returns from her past. Is it possible to love two people at the same time? The story follows Lara Jean as she figures out her feelings for both boys.

My overall thoughts and review: So as you can tell from my review of the previous book, I loved that book so much. I think it was definitely one of my favorite reads from last year and I was over the moon excited to hear that the book was getting the sequel. I was a bit uncertain about how I was to feel about another boy coming into the picture because I ADORE Peter so much. He made the book for me and I just love how wonderful he was for Lara Jean. What I did not expect was to really love John Ambrose McClaren as well. Seriously, what a PERFECT character. I was constantly torn between him and Peter throughout the second part of the book. Ultimately, when I finished the book, I was more satisfied with how things ended in the first novel and I thought things could've just ended there for me. I feel so ~torn~ when things are really good, and somehow, the author decides to switch gears a little bit to make it a bit complicated. I do see why Han felt a second book was necessary because it demonstrated that Lara Jean needed to get over certain things and had to fully experience certain things to know for sure what her feelings were. I really am happy with how things ended in this book. Spoilers (I won't say who she ends up with.. but I mean you can do the math if you read that I LOVED Peter ;)). It was another really enjoyable read by Han because it focused not only on the relationships which were definitely swoon-worthy, but also the family relationship between Lara Jean and her sisters. It was bittersweet seeing Kitty grow up in this book, but it was also good to see both sisters stick together. Ultimately, it was a good read from Han that takes place after a book I really loved. I have to say, it was not as good as the first one, but it was still really good and I think that if you were a fan of the first book, you will definitely enjoy this one!

My rating of the book:   (4/5 stars) 

Now available for purchase at:
Chapters/Indigo and Book Depository (Free Worldwide Shipping)

1 comment: