Wednesday 21 May 2014

Books You Devoured | Top 5 Wednesday

Hi everyone. So here is another Top 5 Wednesday Post! The theme for this week is Books You Devoured. I love this weeks theme because there are a ton of books where I literally devoured within a few hours or a day and I read it in one sitting (only to leave to eat and sleep). Onto my choices! 


1. The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
This book is one of my favorite classics ever. Once I start it, I do not want to put it down. It is such a lovely book and I adore his writing style so much.

2. The Ocean at The End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
I picked this up not knowing anything about it and I literally devoured it in one sitting. It was so lovely, so fantastical and just BEAUTIFUL. I highly recommend this. It is a short read but well worth it.

3. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
I decided to include a book that I recently devoured. I picked this up because of a signing I went to and I heard many booktube reviews raving about it, so I decided to read it one night around 11.. I only wanted to read a few chapters and then head to bed, but I actually stayed up until 4am reading it. I loved it so much and I can't wait for the next one.

4. Vicious by V.E. Schwab
This is hands down my favorite book from this year without a doubt. I can't say it enough. I loved this so much. I devoured it in a day and I did not want it to end. It is seriously one of the coolest books ever.

5. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi 
The final book in the Shatter Me series. I loved this!! I picked it up late one night and then I ended up staying up all night reading it. I just could not put it down. It is so addictive and the chapters are fairly short so you breeze through them. I really enjoyed this final instalment so much, it was everything i wanted and more. Warner is simply perfection.

What are your top 5 books that you devoured? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Great choices, Christine! Though I must admit I have only read The Great Gatsby so far - it's one of my favourite classics as well. :) I want to read all of the other books on this list too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ebony! :D Yes, it is such a great book. and I hope you get to read the other ones soon! :D

      Delete