Wednesday 22 April 2015

Books That Feature Travelling | Top 5 Wednesday

Hi everyone! I hope that you are all well. My apologies for missing last week's topic - I was sick AND I don't like writing negative things on my blog to begin with, and last week was most frustrating characters. Anyways, I'm back with this week's topic and it is top 5 books that feature travelling. I am including a variation of "travelling" = road trips, vacations, etc, etc. 

1. Mosquitoland by David Arnold
This one is a must for me. I loved reading about Mim's travel to see her mom and her encounters along the way and how she learns to discover some truths about herself.
Full Review located: here

2. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson 
Travelling isn't a huge portion of the book, but it occurs mostly towards the end of the novel. I loved this book so much and I just loved the journey that the characters took and the relationships that came out of it. It is definitely one of my favorite YA novels ever. 
Full Review located: here!

3. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
AHHH! This book follows the protagonist and her boyfriend from New York to Singapore. What a funny and incredibly fun book. I loved this so much and when I finished it, I only wanted to visit Asia even more (I've never been). The sequel for it is coming out soon and I can't wait to start reading that as well! 
Full Review located: here!

4. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Oh this book left me in tears. What a book indeed. This book features some travelling for the main characters Violet and Finch and the places that they visited were not traditional and I just loved following along on their journey. 
Full review located: here!

5. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
I feel like this choice is pretty much self-explanatory. I mean how could I not include this one when it comes to travelling? ;)

Well that's it for this Wednesday's topic. Let me know in the comments below your choices for books that feature travelling. Thanks so much for reading! 

4 comments:

  1. All of these are books that I've either read or totally want to read. I think I'm going to look into Mosquitoland for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think you will definitely enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. I have been so on the fence about Crazy Rich Asians. I'll have to check it out.

    http://infiniteink671.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-5-wednesday-books-that-feature.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yes, be sure to check it out! It is so good!

      Delete