Tuesday 14 April 2015

Review: Snow White & The 77 Dwarfs by Davide Cali & Raphaëlle Barbanègre

Snow White & The 77 Dwarfs by Davide Cali & Raphaëlle Barbanègre 

Publishing Date: April 14, 2015
Publisher: Tundra Books
Pages: 32 pages
Picture Book/Storybook

The Premise: This story is a retelling of the classic tale of Snow White and the 7 dwarfs but instead this one Snow White encounters not 7 dwarfs, but 77 dwarfs! She is on the run from the evil Queen like in the original story, but she soon realizes that she has taken on more than she can handle with the 77 dwarfs.

My overall thoughts and review: I believe that this is my first time ever reviewing a picture book on my blog and I really should review more of those because I am a huge fan and I actually have quite the collection. I LOVED this picture book so much. When I was at the RHC blogger event, one of the gals pitched this as similar to the story of The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs, which I read in my undergrad and loved. They take a classic story and put an interesting twist on it. This one did exactly that. The artwork to begin with, is simply stunning. It was incredibly vibrant and the detail on every page keeps you lingering on for much longer than a typical picture book. I loved how this ended and it was simply hilarious. I think this would be a great and fun read and I think it is definitely one to add to one's library!

My rating of the book: ✮ (5/5 stars) 

Now available for purchase at:

Disclaimer: This book was sent to me by Random House Canada for consideration/review. All opinions are my own. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded this book from NetGalley. My daughter absolutely loves it. We read it a few times a week.

    I've been thinking about doing more picture book reviews as well. I did a couple back when I started my blog earlier this year. This post may have just inspired me to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I am so glad to hear that.

      Great idea! I definitely want to incorporate more picture books on the blog. I can't wait to see those posts from you :D

      Delete