Friday 24 April 2015

Lori Lansens & Sara Gruen Reception at Duke of York | April 21, 2015

Hi everyone! I hope that you are all doing well. I recently was invited to a lovely bookseller and blogger reception for two very wonderful authors: Lori Lansens and Sara Gruen. The event was at the Duke of York, in the Cellar. I hadn't been there before and I loved it. It is a nice pub close to St. George Station. When I arrived, I found other book bloggers there: Michele from JustaLilLost, Shilpa from SukasaReads, Orie from Lets Take a Shelfie and Lauren from Some Bookish Things


The launch was for the both authors recent releases: Sara Gruen's At The Water's Edge which I read and LOVED! You can read my full review for the book here! And for Lori Lansens' The Mountain Story, which I received at the event and will be starting shortly. I've heard so many good things about it and I can't wait!  


The Mountain Story Cake! 
There was some good food and a drink inspired by Sara Gruen's book. There was even a cake for Lori's book which was actually shaped like a mountain. It was so awesome and so incredibly delicious! 


Before the event really started, Lori made her rounds and said hi to everyone and she was so incredibly sweet! My bestfriend finished the book recently and that has made me so excited to read it! Sara came and I was able to talk to her a bit and sing my praises for the book. They are both such sweet authors and it really was a great opportunity meeting them and talking to them for a bit :)

I had a wonderful evening and I want to say thank you again to the gals at RHC for the invite! :D 

Be sure to be on the lookout for a review of The Mountain Story in a few weeks ;)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! That cake is awesome haha. I'm glad I got to meet them at the library event afterward - agree, they're both so lovely!

    ReplyDelete