Friday 31 October 2014

NaNoWriMo begins! | Update #1


So NaNoWriMo starts in less than two hours. I think it is safe to say that I am most definitely freaking out. It is like pure excitement and pure panic at the moment. No cold feet though. I refuse to back down or give up.. (ask me mid-month and let's see how motivated I am then).


I have been ~prepping~ a little, and playing around with characters names, profiles, plots, etc etc. I don't really know a lot of the middle of my story, but I have a starting point and an end point. I don't know how I'm going to proceed with time either, because my story will take place roughly in a span of two years.. so time jumps will have to happen of course.

Anyways.. the purpose of this post? I guess this is my first update post.. so you can expect a ton of these from me. I will write about my current process, update you all on the word count, etc. So yeah, if you are interested, sit tight and wait for these writing updates to start rolling in.



There is still time to sign up for NaNoWriMo if you haven't already. If you do, please add me as a writing buddy. I am also trying to raise money as well during the month of November, so if you can donate at all, please do! You can track my progress on my page, but the best place to see it all will be on twitter!

I'm going to now make a big cup of coffee in my new NaNo mug and get the laptop charged so I can start right when the clock strikes 12! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! You're a braver girl than I D: I would have loved to do this but its just far too much this year what with theatre commitments and BIG EXAMS :( Seriously. What the exams. Cramping my style! But good luck! I'd love to read whatever it is you produce :3 If you write as well as you blog then we're in for a treat! x

    ReplyDelete