Wednesday 22 October 2014

Favorite Titles | Top 5 Wednesday

Hi everyone! So for today's top 5 Wednesday, it is pretty straight forward. List my top 5 Favorite titles. Here we go!

1. Vicious by V.E. Schwab
This title is so simple, but I love it. It basically sums up the entire book for me. I also love that it doesn't really give much away either, and allows for the reader to jump into a mystery and really enjoy it.

2. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck 
One of my favorite books and this title is perfect for the entire narrative.

3. The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales by Oliver Sacks
This title was incredibly intriguing when I first saw it in a bookstore. It really made me want to read it immediately and the book did not disappoint. Made up of clinical tales, it was so fascinating and interesting and it definitely sheds light on some topics that would otherwise by disregarded in popular literature.

4. The Educated Imagination by Northrop Frye
This was an assigned school reading and when I saw it on my reading list, I knew immediately that I was going to enjoy it. Such a lovely read and the title promises that exactly. Frye talks about what it means to have an educated imagination and how to maintain it. 

5. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
How could I have a favorites list of anything and not mention my favorite book of all time? This title is so obvious and simple, but I just love it. I adore that there isn't much else to it, and so you enter the book not expecting a lot, but what Wilde offers you instead is truly a story of wonder. 

Well that's it for me this week folks! What are your top 5 favorite titles? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment