Monday 13 October 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014!


So.. I'm finally taking the plunge and joining NaNoWriMo this year. I've known about NaNoWriMo for a couple years now since a lot of youtubers that I watch such as Kristina Horner have participated in the past. I have always been intrigued by it, but I've never fully committed to it. Let's be serious for a moment.. 50,000 words in ONE month is pretty darn terrifying. Considering I have NEVER written a book before in my life. I have always wanted to dabble in writing and I own journals full of ideas, but it hasn't gone beyond that. UNTIL NOW. I will say that having my two best friends participate in it really was the final push to encourage me to sign up.

If don't know what NaNoWriMo is.. well in short, it is National Novel Writing Month which takes place every year in November. It is free to register and you can even find events to attend within your city. There are great prizes and you basically ~win~ if you validate at the end that you wrote 50,000 words. You can find out more details here on the main page.

I am participating this year and I have a rough idea so far for a novel. It will be Young Adult and most likely, contemporary romance. I have a few character names, but that is as far as it has gotten. I really need to start prepping soon! You can track my progress over at my participant page :) Please add me as a friend if you are participating as well :) We can encourage each other during the month of November.

Lastly, I am also trying to help raise money for the cause, so if you have the chance, please check out my donation page :) it will keep me encouraged during the month of vigorous writing.

I will most likely have weekly updates on the participant page and the donation page, but I will have blog posts as well on here surrounding it, so keep your eyes peeled for that. I am incredibly excited!

Are you participating? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment