Wednesday 4 March 2015

Books You'd Save in a Fire | Top 5 Wednesday

Hi everyone! I know last month I wasn't really on track with the TOP 5 WEDNESDAY series, but I really want to get back into the swing of things. So starting off the month of March in the first week, we have the topic of the TOP 5 books I'd save in a fire! Here we go!

1. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
It is my favorite book, so how could I not save it? I have a lot of copies because I collect different editions of the book, so the hard part will be selecting which one to take with me. 

2. Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
I know that it wouldn't be possible to save all the books from the HP series, so I will save my favorite one of the series. The one that really inspired the name of my blog and that features me favorite character! 

3. Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami
It is so hard to choose a favorite amongst Murakami's wonderful selection, but this would be the one to save in a fire. This story is just beautiful. I love it so much!

4. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
It was also hard to choose a favorite amongst the Ishiguro selection but this was the first book by him that I read and the book that really resonated with me. I adore this book! 

5. To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
I couldn't forget one of my favorite authors ever. Again, it was so hard choosing but I am going to go with this one. This is the one that inspired me to write about her for my MA and this is the book that I can read over and over again and just get something new every time out of it. 

Well that is my selection for this week's topic. Let me know in the comments or link me to your post/video of your Top 5 picks for books you'd save in a fire! 

3 comments:

  1. I like your choices! These are mine...
    https://readingexperienceswithnora.wordpress.com/2015/03/04/top-5-wednesday-march-2nd/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting post! Great choices! <3 Bee @ Bee Reads Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list. Great choices!

    I put all of the Harry Potter's on my list because...cheating. But, if I had to narrow it to one, I would choose Order of the Phoenix because Sirius was my favorite character, and his death absolutely wrecked me. I threw the book across the room. It's still the most emotional one for me.

    ReplyDelete