Wednesday 9 July 2014

Books BookTube Made You Read | Top 5 Wednesday

1. Vicious by V.E. Schwab
This book was a no brainer. I heard a lot about Victoria Schwab through youtube and this book was an insta-buy after hearing Regan from Peruse Project rave about it! It definitely lives up to the hype and even more and still holds the place of my favorite book that I have read this year so far. If you haven't read it already.. what are you waiting for? Go and get it!!

2. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
This book was one of the books for the Booksplosion Read-a-longs and at first it did not sound like something that I was particularly too interested in, but then after hearing such rave reviews from many booktubers, I decided to pick it up and I actually really enjoyed it. I hope to have a full review up for this book in the coming weeks! 

3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Another book purchase that was influenced by booktube. There was a number of different reviews for this book on youtube, many people who loved it and many people who hated it, so I decided to pick it up and make my own decision on it, because I do love angel themed books. This did not disappoint at all. Taylor has such a lovely writing style that just builds a fantastic world. I really enjoyed it and the second book in the series and I can't wait to dive into the final one! 

4. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I had heard of this series a lot before, but did not really having any interest in picking it up because the whole fad over vampires was well, overdone. I picked up this series last summer because I had heard so many good reviews about it on booktube and thought why not! I ended up really enjoying it. The first two books can be difficult to get through, but after that the story becomes really fascinating and you begin to really love the characters, despite some super cheesy moments. And from this series comes the spin off series, Bloodlines which I really like too and I would have never picked up if I didn't watch those booktube reviews on it! 

5. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
This was another book which was influenced by Regan. I had never heard of this book, let alone see it in the bookstore before (and trust me, I browse the bookstore quite a lot) and after hearing rave reviews, I decided to pick it up. I try not to read so many dystopian novels because well, they all seem quite similar in the end and always constantly compared to THG. This one was definitely different and I enjoyed it so much even from the first few chapters. I love the world that Bracken has created and the characters she has made so much. This is a fantastic series and I cannot wait for the final book to come out!

Well.. those are the top 5 books that booktube made me read! What books were influenced by youtubers that you have read and enjoyed? Let me know in the comments below! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment