Wednesday 16 July 2014

Cover Buys (Books you bought solely for the cover) | Top 5 Wednesday

1. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (Pulp! The Classics Edition)
If you know me then you will know that this is my favorite book EVER. When I saw this cover, I knew I had to get it instantly. I own many variations of this book but this one is hilarious. It features Ryan Gosling and the meme around him: the "Hey Girl" persona! I love it!

2. Various Penguin English Library Books 
I can't choose one from my collection since I love them all too much. I recently started collecting various Penguin English Library editions because they are so pretty. 

3. Penguin Drop Caps Classics
The concept of these is really awesome. To have 26 classics. I started collecting them however because they are just stunning. They also form a rainbow color scheme when they are sitting on the shelf. Just beautiful! 

4. Dubliners by James Joyce (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition - Centennial Edition)
I have a copy of this book already which I got in Paris but when I saw this one, I knew I had to have it as well. It is just beautiful. It is one of those books that you either love or hate, and in my case.. I love it! 

5. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (Penguin Threads Edition)
This is another book that I own, but when I saw this edition, I just knew I had to have it. It is a part of the penguin threads series and it is stunning!

As you can probably see from my list, I am a huge fan of the special editions that Penguin releases. These are the top five books that I bought solely for the covers. Let me know in the comments below the books you bought solely for the cover! 

No comments:

Post a Comment