Saturday 8 December 2018

Christmas Gift Guide | Romance Edition (2018)

I've always read a bit of romance here and there in the past, but I feel like this year, I really jumped into the romance genre head on. I've met so many amazing people from the romance readers community and this year, I even started up a romance book club with some girlfriends. I primarily read contemporary romance, but I've read a bit of historical that I really loved (I also went on a crazy binge of buying a lot of historical, so my reading backlist is huge). Anyways, please see below some of my favorites that I've read this year that I think would make great gifting options for the romance reader in your life! Also, not all of these books were released this year, as some include ones I read this year and were published earlier.

CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang - Review Here! 
I Flipping Love You by Helena Hunting - Review Here! 
Hate Notes by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward - Review Here!

Dirty Exes by Rachel Van Dyken - Review Here!
The Good Luck Charm by Helena Hunting - Review Here!
Do You Feel It Too? by Nicola Rendell - Review Here!

HISTORICAL ROMANCE
Scandal & Scoundrel Series by Sarah Maclean - I binged this series earlier this year on a camping trip with friends and my goodness, Maclean is the first historical romance author I've read and she was such a great starting point. I love her writing so much! She is able to weave such fun and sexy stories, but also demonstrate such strong values in the protagonist and their chosen love interest. I can't say enough good things about this series. The last book is definitely my favorite though because it deals with such a complicated matter of cheating, and this is the best I've seen it handled in a romance book context. It's about falling out of love, and falling in love again. 

The Wildes of Lindow Castle Series by Eloisa James - another series that I found myself absolutely devouring. There's a planned fourth book to come next year, so it's a great time to start this. I must admit, despite one of my favorites raving about the series, what really drew me in was the fact that all the male leads had the last name Wilde ;) This is the only series I've read by Eloisa James and I absolutely loved it! There's a big focus on family which is quite nice, but the books are so incredibly sweet and sexy. Too Wilde to Wed is my favorite so far because similar to Maclean's book, it's about falling in love again, and I really appreciate that because it focuses on what can happen after HEA. 

I've read a lot more romance this past year, but these are my absolute favorites that I think a seasoned romance reader AND someone who doesn't read romance often can enjoy. Let me know in the comments below what were some of your favorite romance reads of the year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment