Wednesday 13 June 2018

Review: I Flipping Love You by Helena Hunting

I Flipping Love You by Helena Hunting

Publishing Date: May 29, 2018
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Pages: 320
Contemporary Romance

The Premise from the Publisher: "Rian Sutter grew up with the finer things in life. Spending summers in the Hamptons was a normal occurrence for her until her parents lost everything years ago. Now Rian and her sister are getting their life, and finances, back on track through real estate. Not only do they buy and sell houses to the rich and famous but they finally have the capital to flip their very own beachfront property. But when she catches the attention of a sexy stranger who snaps up every house from under her, all bets are off. Pierce Whitfield doesn't normally demo kitchens, install dry wall, or tear apart a beautiful woman's dreams. He's just a down-on-his-luck lawyer who needed a break from the city and agreed to help his brother work on a few homes in the Hamptons. When he first meets Rian, the attraction is undeniable. But when they start competing for the same pieces of prime real estate, the early sparks turn into full-blown fireworks. Can these passionate rivals turn up the heat on their budding romance-without burning down the house?" 

My overall thoughts and review: Helena Hunting is definitely one of my favorite romance authors. I read Hooking Up by her last fall and I still go back and read it from time to time. I just love how funny and down-to-earth her stories are, but also super steamy! When I learned that she was writing another one that took place in the same world, but now it follows Amie's brother, I immediately picked up a copy. For starters, I love the title and with how much HGTV my partner and I watch, I'm all for a book about flipping houses ;) Hunting gives us two very charismatic leads. We have Rian who has a twin sister and she is the more level-headed numbers one between the two. We also have Pierce, who is a lawyer, but just wants to spend his time working on something more hands on and decides to work with his brother in real estate in the Hamptons. They meet in the most hilarious of circumstances and they keep meeting. They are obviously unable to deny their attraction to one another and sparks fly immediately. I loved all the cute and swoony moments, but I also loved the hilarious moments like the incident with the gnomes. It goes deeper with issues of family and trust, and I loved learning more about their backstories. Overall, I loved this book and I finished it in about two sittings. I couldn't put it down! If you haven't read Helena Hunting before, you definitely need to because she writes amazing contemporary romances. I've also read Shacking Up recently by her so expect a review on that very soon! ;)

My rating of the book: ✮✮✮✮✮ (5/5 stars)

Available for purchase at:
Chapters/Indigo, Kobo Books, Amazon, and Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment